Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ships Piano. Allowing some nostalgia.


I often think of Ships Piano as the band I miss most from my heydays of roaming dark pubs in search of some rad music. They had that wonderful teenage-punk innocence that few bands can carry off once the dreaded ‘age of maturity’ hits. Their absolute crassness in regards to all things, sex and otherwise is an incredible escape from adulthood. Few bands can pull of lyrics like ‘I walk around you like you’re just a pile of shit’, and still be something I’m willing to listen to.

They’re still around. Just because I haven’t seen them play since The Birmy’s 2nd Birthday doesn’t mean they aren’t still here. Something energetic and carefree. Man, I need to see these guys again soon.

Listen here: http://triplejunearthed.com.au/Artists/View.aspx?artistid=21170

No comments:

Post a Comment